Study Buddy Looking for a study buddy (Programming - Data Structures & Algos)

Prakkash

Hey,
Looking for a buddy who wants to get good at coding - DSA.

I'm really really good at Recursion & Dynamic programming. Newbie at Graphs. I'm looking to get a place at one of FAANG or companies which is more similar to FAANG, So a buddy with same goal can be really helpful for both.

Communication : I barely speak hindi. I can either speak English or Tamil

Last edited:

Nivetha00

Study Buddy
Hey,

I'm really really good at Recursion & Dynamic programming. Newbie at Graphs. I'm looking to get a place at one of FAANG or companies which is more similar to FAANG, So a buddy with same goal can be really helpful for both.

Hi.
I'm a total newbie. Can you share me some tips. Like how you started?

Prakkash

Hi.
I'm a total newbie. Can you share me some tips. Like how you started?
Total newbie? You mean, U are yet to start programming? Or u r new to Data structures & Algorithms? Well, I am looking for someone who is not new to programming, but new to Data structures & Algorithms. So I can share ideas & have a clear discussion on new Algorithms / topics I learn with them.

But sure.. I can share you the path I crossed, Things I would do or Things I would avoid if I start from zero now.

Nivetha00

Study Buddy
Total newbie? You mean, U are yet to start programming? Or u r new to Data structures & Algorithms? Well, I am looking for someone who is not new to programming, but new to Data structures & Algorithms. So I can share ideas & have a clear discussion on new Algorithms / topics I learn with them.

But sure.. I can share you the path I crossed, Things I would do or Things I would avoid if I start from zero now.
Yeah. I'm new to programming. Neenga epdi start panninga nu sollunga. Enakku helpful ah irukkum.btw thanks for replying

Prakkash

Yeah. I'm new to programming. Neenga epdi start panninga nu sollunga. Enakku helpful ah irukkum.btw thanks for replying
Cool.

The common mistake beginners make is focusing too much on a specific programming language. Instead, choose any language you feel comfortable with and focus on building logical solutions for problem statements. Starting with object-oriented, non-scripting languages like C++ or Java is a great choice, as they offer abundant resources to help you learn and grow.

Many beginners spend too much time learning syntax. It is important to understand the basics & memorizing syntax is not necessary. Google, ChatGPT can easily provide that information. What you should focus on is developing your logic-building skills. Prioritize creating efficient, optimal solutions. Also, learn how to calculate time and space complexity, That will help you design efficient algorithms for any problem statement.

These are the first steps you should know, before you start your coding journey. Youtube is the best resource available online.. You can use Leetcode, geeksforgeeks, coding ninjas etc.. anything of your choice to start with.. and once you are confident with your basics like solving array, string problems... Getting into competitive coding challenges can give you a perfect way ahead in building logics. codechef, codeforces, Atcoder can be the best choices for coding challenges online.

As a beginner, You can start with this.. Once you are ready with all of these, you can get into algos and DS. Starting phase can be a bit rough, But don't lose hope... It gets better on every step you move forward.

Have fun coding.. Good luck!!

shi2003

AI student
Study Buddy
Hey,

Hii, Iam also looking for a study partner
Iam learning java for my placement purpose
If you are interested please reply me